the will to live
about
Ciao, my name is Danielle Carlson, welcome to my blog. This is my place for expression of thoughts and emotions, basically things that go on in the head of a teen like myself.

the archive
februari 2011
mars 2011
april 2011
maj 2011
juni 2011
juli 2011
augusti 2011
oktober 2011

perfection - what is that?
torsdag 9 juni 2011 @ 16:28
0 comments!

Time to wake up... Sometimes I just want to fall asleep and when I wake up, everything will be perfect. But then again, what is perfect? What does it mean?
All this pressure about being perfect and living up to everyones expectations can make me feel sick. I say, you're perfect in your imperfection.

Another thing that I've had on my mind is: should I put myself or my loved ones first? If I repeatedly sacrifice my will for someone, how can I can keep a smile on my face? If I put myself first I feel like a horrible person, and then I definitely can't be happy.
Is it wrong to be a bit egoistic sometimes, I mean why should a human instinct like egoism be classified as a sin? Probably because nobody can live up to that.
I don't mind doing things for my loved ones, I love the feeling of being able to help out and be there for someone when I'm needed, I just feel like I need to find the line between helping and being used.
I usually feel like I'm a "good" person, it's just sometimes that I get these thoughts that I'm not good enough, that I'm still carrying so much on my conscience and a thousand miles away from being perfect. I know I will never be perfect, it doesn't even exist and still I seem to strive for it. I guess one day I'll have to realize, that I can be perfect in my imperfection.